Church of the Redeemer is a Gospel-proclaiming, Christ-centered community. We are an Anglican church, a member of the Diocese of Pittsburgh and the Anglican Church in North America. Redeemer was founded in 2004, and has since planted two other churches in the Nashville area.
Church of the Redeemer’s purpose is to live and proclaim the redeeming love of Christ. As such, we pray to be empowered by God to live in these foundational values:
- The Gospel is central to everything we are and everything we do.
- The Gospel is written in the Word of God, the Bible.
- The life of the Church rests on the supreme authority of the Bible.
- The Church has proclaimed the Gospel in the great tradition of Orthodoxy, including the creeds, liturgies, prayers, songs, disciplines and teachings of the saints.
- The Anglican Church lives within this historic Orthodoxy.
- Walking the Anglican Way, we proclaim the Gospel, rely on the Bible, believe the Creeds, celebrate the Sacraments, serve the world, and obey apostolic authority.
- We must proclaim the Gospel in word and deed to all people, beginning with our neighbors, and never forgetting the poor.
- The Gospel is lived out in community.
- Our community is one of grace, hope, joy, peace, love, authenticity, humility, hospitality, stability, creativity and conversion.
- Holy living is the evidence and result of God’s grace.
- Holiness is seen in its fruits: love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.